Promised one post per week on potential honeymoon destinations for you guys and stop # 1, on a lot of requests, is Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka is super underrated and not everyone’s first choice but if you are looking for a place that’s beachy, beautiful and affordable and not as busy as Thailand/Malaysia, Sri Lanka is THE place to be.
MUST visit places:
Sri Lanka is mainly all beaches. But some are better than the others. I recommend:
3. Galle face Green
Picture above is from Bentota and you can see how clear the water and sand is. I like these beaches better than the ones in, for say, the ones in Colombo, cuz more space , more privacy and definitely cleaner.
If you wish to go to a hill station type place then Kandy is a great option. Also Nuwara Eliya, which is one of the most important locations for tea production so you can go and do tea plucking in the gorgeous tea plantation venues. They dress you up in their local dresses and you pick your own tea. Super cute and fun.
BEST THINGS ABOUT SRI LANKA:
– Super friendly people and they LOVE desis
– Great food
– Cheap and affordable as compared to other similar locations
– Not too commercial or busy so its not (yet) insanely crowded by tourists
– Incredibly beautiful
– Easy visa and relatively cheaper tickets as compared to other prime honeymoon spots
NOT THE BEST THINGS:
– The weather is humid all around the year and it can get really hot. My sister came back with a sunburn in JANUARY so make sure you stock up on sun block.
– Recently due to some local disputes, availability of halal food is limited.i personally didn’t experience that but I’ve been told k now you have to hunt a little.
– A lot of mosquitos, so just use repellents etc.
According to my not-so-extensive online research on tickets, right now the cheapest return tickets to Colombo through Sri Lankan airways are as follows:
From Karachi: PKR 51,204
From Lahore: PKR 63,607
(No direct flights via Srilankan airways from Islamabad, cheapest I found was Etihad for PKR 85,035)
I hope you go and share the love. Hope this helps!